WhatsApp has been the most used instant messaging service ever since it came out to the big screen. Millions of people use it daily to get in touch with each other. Not only we connect we also share stuff with each other. But it can prove to be a data linking source as well. When your device is stolen it is very easy to get your chat data. How to disable and delete WhatsApp Account when your device is stolen is the main question.
Disable and delete WhatsApp Account.
This is the best and simple way to disable and delete WhatsApp Account. This facility is available for those who want to deactivate their active service. If you delete your WhatsApp account contacts, chat history, and all past activities will be deleted from WhatsApp, including any pending backups. Following items will be deleted:
- WhatsApp groups and contacts
- Message history
- Any Synchronized contacts will be disconnected from the app
- Google Drive backups
Now to disable and delete WhatsApp Account follow this:
- In WhatsApp, go to Settings > Account > Delete my account
- Confirm your choice by pressing Delete my account
How to disable and delete WhatsApp Account when your device is Stolen.
It is the most important issue that anyone can face. If your device is stolen or lost you may lost your most important data. So if it happens what you have to do to be on the safe side. You can block your sim card on which the WhatsApp account is register. But the problem is it is still be working over WiFi so that is not the solution we want. So disable your WhatsApp Account and you need to send an email to WhatsApp. Your account will be deactivated soon after you send the email. You can reactivate your account via SMS or a phone call.
Steps to deactivate your account.
- Use an email client (Yahoo, Gmail, Outlook or any other) to send a message to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- The email subject should be: “Lost/Stolen: Please deactivate my account”;
- In the email body, put: “Lost/Stolen: Please deactivate my account (your phone number in full international format).
After completing all the process send the email and your account will be deleted. App team will get in touch with your very soon so you have to be patience. It is highly advised not to send multiple emails with same subject or problem and you still have 30 days to reactivate it before it gets deleted permanently.