Facebook has crossed over 800 million users which is a massive amount of users engaged on a single platform or under one application. On Facebook people are connected to each other social as it turns to be the robust communication tool for users to get in touch with each other and let their friend know what they are up to.
Now Facebook have new plans to entertain people which is surely not socially but this time engaging the users of such a big platform to play games with each other. Facebook has a new Chess game which you can play with your Facebook friends and pass your leisure hours with your friends on Facebook.
Aside of staying connected with your friends on Facebook now users can play Chess game with your friends on Facebook Messenger as this facility has been available for a month now. This game on Facebook Messenger is a hidden Chess game which can be played during a conversation with your friend and you can start this game with a simple command @fbchess play. This Chess game is a text-driven game that you are going to use algebraic chess notation.
Here is the quick guide on how to play this Chess game on Facebook Messenger.
- Start your game with random colors: @fbchess play
- Pick your colors: @fbchess play white/black
- Pick your friend as opponent: @fbchess play white John
- Make a move: use Standard Algebraic Notation
- @fbchess e4 or @fbchess Pe4 moves pawn to e4
- Nbd2 to move knight from b-file to d2
- B2xc5 to take on c5 with 2nd rank bishop
- e8=Q to promote pawn to queen
- 0-0-0 or O-O to castle
- Claim draw (e.g. 3-fold repetition): @fbchess draw claim
- Offer a draw in the current position: @fbchess draw offer
- Offer an undo of the last move: @fbchess undo
- Resign the game: @fbchess resign